What is chemical peeling:
Chemical peeling is a cosmetic dermatology method used in order to remove dead cells from the skin to stimulate the function of the deeper layers.
How chemical peeling is done:
Chemical Peels (also known under the term of peeling) can be classified in two categories, depending on the action: mechanical and chemical. Mechanical peeling action uses exfoliating granules and abrasive particles contained in the various creams and masks applied with a natural light and superficial massage which removes dead cells from the skin. Chemical peeling, however, is based on the application to the skin of a chemical solution having a liquid or a cream-like consistency. After applying the solution, there is an allow time to penetrate the skin. Later, in 1 to 4 days, depending on the capacity of penetration of skin structures (this is specific to each creams), epidermis peeling process begins. The purpose of this procedure is to destroy and remove in a controlled manner and under the supervision of specialists, degraded parts of the skin to allow accelerate skin regeneration.
Chemical peeling complications:
As much as s chemical peeling is made deeper as more risks and possible complications involves.
The adverse effects of chemical peels can be:
- Erythema: a side effect that is common in many patients; gravity (in the sense of intensity) differs depending on the substances used and skin’s type. Duration can vary from several weeks to several months;
- Changes in the process of melanogenesis : disorders like hypo pigmentation or hyperpigmentation
- Scaling wounds;
- Allergic reactions to substances used;
- Infections (higher risk have those who have a history of rash herpetiformis);
- Modification of the sensitivity to the sun.
Chemical peeling benefits:
- diminishes wrinkles caused by photo-aging, natural aging or hereditary factors;
- diminishes wrinkles around the mouth and eyes, is beneficial for certain types of acne;
- diminishes warts, freckles, excess sebum, pigmentation spots;
- improves the skin texture and skin quality;
If you want to get rid of wrinkles and skin spots in a quickly, non surgical manner , chemical peeling is for you.
This blog post is an educational resource only and does not replace a medical consultation with a doctor .
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or comments. Comments or questions are welcome!
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or comments. Your feedback welcome!