Waterpik’s usefulness for dental care:
It is important to care for your teeth, gums, and oral health every day. Has been clinically proven that just brushing properly performed 2 times a day is not enough for effective cleaning of the teeth , but especially between the teeth and gingival crevice. After a full brushing teeth , performed with a manual or electric toothbrush there are spaces remaining leftovers and Plaque.
Flossing in addition to brushing is right, but if you really like to be more rigorous in oral health hygiene, you should consider using a shower mouth.
It’s a big step to take care of your oral hygiene , improved by 93% gingival health.
Oral shower is ideal for people with dental implants, crowns, bridges and orthodontic appliances, for people with periodontal disease and orthodontic appliances , for people with periodontal disease, but also for anyone who wants healthy teeth and attractive smile.
Of course, oral shower will yield any results if not used regularly , and this is true for any process of oral hygiene, be it brushing teeth , tongue cleaning or rinsing with mouth wash.
Even if it is used once a day for 90 seconds, shower mouth will help you have clean teeth and healthy gums.
Shower buccal pulsing water jets operating at high speed ( up to 40,000 beats per minutes) to the teeth and the gums.
Intermittent stream water ( plain, ozonated solutions or mouthwash) displaces food debris from inaccessible areas for toothbrush or dental floss : subgingival spaces, between the teeth , between brackets , bodies covered deck areas or around implants.
This feature reduce the risk of oral shower bacterial colonization of these areas , eliminating unpleasant odors or gum infections and/or periodontal, leaving a feeling of freshness.
How to use the shower mouth?
Use daily oral shower at least once a day before brushing with hot water to 37 degrees or dilute substances containing antibacterial mouthwash ( chlorhexidine, Listerine) or cosmetic mouthwash. Attention first time you use the shower mouth. As the water pressure can be strong enough you should not use the highest gear speed. Start with a lower gear to get used to the feeling , then choose the one most comfortable and effective for you. You have to get used to the idea that you spray water in your mouth.
Lean over the sink and let the water run while mouth wash, or you can keep your mouth shut, spitting out the excess water from time to time.
In the first week of use , the shower can cause bleeding gums mouth. Do not worry , it is a normal process, the gums become more flexible over time and you will not have these problems.
What is the recommended oral shower?
It is recommended that a shower large capacity mouth water and more speed. Waterpik are the ones who invented and developed this device since 1962. The Ultra ( WP-100) is the top U.S. manufacturer’s range and provides the user excellent results in maintaining a proper oral hygiene. The Waterpik Ultra ( WP-100W) has 6 different heads adapting to the needs of different patients , bit holder on the cover, a water tank with high capacity for 90 seconds, 10-speed pressure adjustment, pause button the handle is connected to the mains.
The 6 heads are:
1. Standard Head : 2 times more effective than the use of dental floss – is used to improve gum health , deep cleans the spaces between teeth and subgingival area . Should be changed after 6 months.
2. Plaque Seeker Head : recommended for cleaning areas around implants and bridges / crowns/ dental veneers. The three fine bundles of bristles helps remove hard to remove food debris that accumulates around such dental work. Should be changed after 3 months.
3. Orthodontic Head: clinically proven that is 3 times more effective than dental floss to remove plaque from hard to reach around braces , and gum health improvement in patients with orthodontic treatments. Should be changed after 3 months.
4. Pik Pocket Head : for periodontal pockets accessed 90% of a 6 mm pockets , with a very gentle cleaning action due to the rubber and design with low pressure water jet. Should be changed after 3 months.
5. Toothbrush Head: combination of brush and running water for increased efficiency brushing with rounded tip, gently brushing hard to reach areas. Should be changed after 3 months.
6. Tongue cleaner Head: for removing tongue surface bacteria that causes bad breath. Should be changed after 3 months.
This blog post is an educational resource only and does not replace a medical consultation with a doctor .
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or comments. Your feedback welcome!