The endodontic therapy.
The current trend in dentistry is called “minimally invasive.” So, it involves a minimal preparation in enamel with a minimum sacrifice of the tooth structure. Of course that there are situations when it seems the endodontic therapy treatment removes this requirement.
However there are some situations that would indicate endodontic therapy :
- extensive carious destructions with the involvement of the pulp chamber or with a large proximity near the pulp chamber that could raise problems under the prosthetic dental works;
- incorrect endodontic treatments previously done ;
- vital tooth, but with insufficient dental tissue to ensure the retention of future crowns ;
- dental malpositions, unrecovered orthodontic , that require a great sacrifice of dental substance ;
- This blog post is an educational resource only and does not replace a medical consultation with a doctor .
- If you are looking for more information about endodontic treatment , go here.
- You can also check here.
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or comments. Your feedback welcome!