Lip augmentation is a spectacular procedure as far as the result is concerned and has a final or temporary (6 to 9 months) according to the used substance. Nowadays, lip augmentation is performed using the following substances:
- Cross-linked hyaluronic acid – with an augmented viscosity that assures it with an increased persistence in the tissues and a prolonged result (6 to 9 months).
- Patient’s own fat tissue.
- Permanent solutions (endo-prosthesis).
LIP AUGMENTATION BY HYALURONIC ACID INJECTION
Lip augmentation by hyaluronic acid injection is not painful (it is performed under local anesthetic) and does not require hospitalization.
LIP AUGMENTATION WITH FAT TISSUE
Lip augmentation with fat tissue is a facial procedure consisting in injecting fat tissue in the lips using a special cannula. The procedure is performed under local anesthetic, and it lasts for about 45 minutes and the result persists about 4 to 9 months according to the patient and to the amount of the injected solution. It is the most frequent procedure and of course the most required.
Nowadays there are several lip augmentation procedures but the augmentation by fat tissue injection is the most harmless, less expensive and with a very positive result.
After augmentation by fat tissue injection lips acquire an increased aspect, beautiful contour, sensuality and a long-lasting result. The procedure is not painful and is performed under local anesthetic and it does not require hospitalization or involve procedures connected to body intolerance to the injected product.
After augmentation by fat tissue injection discrete ecchymosys might appear on the lips associated to a moderated edema and a slight local hypersensitivity.
All these phenomena disappear in few days and the result persists for a period of 6 to 9 months when the procedure should be repeated in order to maintain the already obtained result. This procedure (lip augmentation with fat tissue injection) is very well tolerated by the patient due to the fact that own injected fat tissue does not determine intolerance.
A few prevention measures must be taken before the procedure:
- Treatment with anti-inflammatory medication (indometacin, fenilbutazona, diclofenac)
- Anticoagulants (heparina, trombostop, etc.) must be interrupted one week before the procedure
- Coffee and other psychomotor excitants must be avoided on the day of the procedure
- Ongoing treatments must be brought to the surgeon’s attention before the procedure takes place.
This blog post is an educational resource only and does not replace a medical consultation with a doctor .
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or comments. Your feedback welcome!