Medical tourism in Turkey. Ankara. Location:
Medical tourism in Turkey. Ankara is the capital city of Turkey and the second largest city in the country after Istanbul. It is located at the heart of both Turkey and Central Anatolia. By visiting Ankara during your medical tourism in Turkey you will relax and you will have a wonderful holiday.
Ankara Esenboğa International Airport (ESB) is located some 28 km northeast of the city. International flights are rather low in frequency and scope – apart from Turkish Airlines (THY), Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines and British Airways offer direct flights to their respective European hubs. Iran Air also has two weekly flights to Tehran. For other carriers flying into Turkey, a flight into Istanbul is necessary, followed by an air transfer to Ankara by Turkish Airlines or Anadolu Jet (a low cost brand of Turkish Airlines).
Ankara is well connected by a good public transport network system. Private and public bus operators compete for your patronage and there are the ‘dolmus’ minibus transport providers that offer rapid transfer and get you to your connection points. The underground subway ‘Metro’ is also highly efficient . Taxis are readily available and are probably the best way to get to your destination, because they are relatively inexpensive.
What to visit in Ankara:
Ankara has a lot to offer its guests.
- Anıtkabir – The Mausoleum of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk – an extravagant tomb and memorial;
- The trendy Kizilay – the epicenter of Ankara’s business and social scene – full choke with designer retail shops, department stores, outdoor markets, stylish restaurants and dizzying nightclubs and bars;
- Ankara Citadel- situated in the Ulus Bentderesi District of in the Old Quarters;
- Admire the elegance of Kocatepe Mosque ;
- Atakule Tower - it offers visitors the highest viewpoint in Ankara;
- The Museum of Anatolian Civilization;
The food in Ankara:
Turkish food is quite diverse, fusing Middle Eastern, Central Asian and Balkan cuisine. Ankara is best known with its “döner kebap”. In order to pick a good döner restaurant (there are many) you should take a look at the döner round. It should be rectangular and the cuts must be flat and separated. Besides many classic iskender kebab restaurants there are also many restaurant featuring the traditional cuisine.
Enjoy medical tourism in Turkey by visiting Ankara during your holidays.
Medical tourism in Turkey, Traveler Support:
You may also want to know about:
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or comments. Your feedback welcome!