Microcurrent therapy is a branch of electrotherapy skin treatment that works by the application of extremely low levels of electrical current (a.k.a. microcurrents) to the human body. Its initial use was restricted to the treatment of those who suffered from stroke or Bell’s Palsy. But after a while, doctors discovered that this low current treatment caused certain dramatic and noticeable changes on their patients’ bodies, especially their face – the treatment caused the facial muscles to become raised in the area where it was applied.
Today, this technique- microcurrent therapy- has been endorsed as a fully-fledged skin care and medical therapy in both Eastern and Western countries. This treatment has the ability to reduce the effects of old age, boost the overall look of one’s skin and cleanse the body. It is also used to relieve pain in the muscles and nerves, inflammation and other health conditions.
Benefits of microtherapy:
- Recharges your body – Microcurrent application on the body and face can increase the levels of Adenosine Triphosphate in your body. This substance is necessary for the provision of energy to all parts of your body. The better your ATP levels, the more charged your body feels – in short, you experience wellbeing.
- Rejuvenates the skin and muscles – By increasing the activity of collagen and synthesis of elastin, the treatment softens skin lines, reduces scarring, rehydrates tissues, and perks up the muscles. All of this causes your skin to glow with a new vitality and freshness.
- Boosts the absorption of nutrients and other good substances – This technique causes an increase in the permeability of your cells which allows them to intake a greater amount of oxygen, nutrients and moisture – all of which are necessary for healthy skin.
- Speeds up healing – Microcurrent therapy is known to encourage the regeneration of cells and is also a stimulant for cell level healing.
- Tone your face – This technique retrains your facial muscles to modify their shape and tone, essentially working as an alternate to a face lift that doesn’t require surgery.
- Completely non-invasive – This skin treatment, with its super low levels of current, is barely detectable by the person undergoing the therapy. The only thing one may experience is a feeling of slight tingling. Rest assured, this seemingly ultra-lightweight treatment is thoroughly effective on the cellular level. Some people believe that this therapy only works when you feel its action on your skin – this notion is a complete myth, since this therapy is designed to be completely painless yet drastically effective.
- Benefits against various ailments – Besides its substantial beneficial effects on the skin, this treatment is used to effectively treat illnesses such as arthritis, diabetic ulcers, headaches, neck pain, sciatica, slow-healing / sports injuries, ligament and tendon pain, back pain, fibromyalgia, herpes, neuropathy and shingles.
This skin treatment therapy- microcurrent therapy is approved by the FDA, considered safe by therapists around the world and has no harmful side effects. Pregnant women and those who are on pacemakers should stay away from it, but other than that, microcurrent electrotherapy is extremely effective and convenient and highly recommended for those who are uncomfortable with invasive skin treatments such as botox or facelifts.
This blog post is an educational resource only and does not replace a medical consultation with a doctor .
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or comments. Your feedback welcome!