Be sure to double check with your credit card company or other current private insurance, what coverage you may already have.
- The best place to get health insurance of course is your employer. Group plans are typically cheaper and your employer will probably cover much of the cost;
- Doctors often offer some type of financing plan to their patients – allows them to budget the expense of their treatment over time. By offering credit, a doctor can help to keep their appointment book full of patients;
- More likely, the patients’ credit will be obtained from a third-party source like health insurance companies. Here, keep in mind to look for:
- a no- interest payment option (many dental credit plans have no-interest option and this can be a great deal for some patients, if they are capable of strictly adhering to the terms of the agreement);
- low monthly payment option;
- no up-front costs;
- no payment penalties;
- no annual fees;
- a quick decision about acceptance into the program.
Your own bank, credit union or savings and loan may very well able to arrange for a loan whose interest rate and terms are more favorable for you. And then offer to pay this lump sum to the doctor, in advance, in return for a cash discount for the medical tourism packages. You pay less in financing charges, you get the cash discount and the doctors have more clients.
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or comments. Your feedback welcome!