What are body wraps?
Body wraps are types of spa treatment procedures that help you to hydrate or firm the skin , to relax or soothe the muscles or to slim and tone the body.
Body wraps information:
Body wraps are done only in a health spa under direct supervision of a therapist. The therapist will gently exfoliate your skin and depending on which type of wrap you ‘ll need he will apply a solution to your whole body . After this, you’ll be wrapped with heated cotton bandages or with warm towels. The next step is that you’ll be told to lie on a table , where you’ll be covered with a thermal blanket. This way, the body will heat up and it will eliminate toxins and impurities due to an intensive sweat. You’ll be left on the table to relax about 1 hour.
Types of body wraps:
- body wraps with algae : the algae paste is applied warm to your entire body. It is good for detoxify and nourish the skin.
- body wraps with clay: they are similar with mud wraps and they are good for detoxification and to diminish cellulite.
- body wraps with mud : they help pull out the impurities from the body and they are useful in arthritis.
- body wraps with paraffin: the paraffin is brushed on your body and you’ll be covered with blankets to keep the heat in. They have a softening and moisturizing effect and also help to reduce aches and pains of the muscles and joints.
- body wraps with parafango: they are body wraps treatments that use a warmed mixture of paraffin wax and mud to pull out toxins from the skin . They are highly effective because the mud helps to detoxify the body while the paraffin keeps the mud glued and this way it will be obtained the maximum results. This treatments last about 45 minutes.
- herbal body wraps: elastic bandages are soaked in an herbal infused solution and you’ll be wrapped with them. They are good for skin softening and weight loss.
- mineral body wraps: they are called compression and they are good for inch loss and slimming the body. Mineral body wraps contain minerals, calcium, potassium and they help with detoxification of the body. Elastic bandages will be soaked in this mineral solution and you’ll be wrapped tightly.
- niacin body wraps: they are used for detoxification of the body. You’ll be smeared with a special cream and then you’ll be wrapped with a plastic film. This treatment will lasts about 1 hour.
- seaweed body wraps: because is very very high in minerals, this treatment is good for detoxification of the body .
If you want to feel spoiled, detoxified and to loose a few inches in waist then a detox body wrap or a slimming body wrap can help you. Remember, before to go for these spa treatments with body wraps it is necessary to seek your doctor’s advice.
This blog post is an educational resource only and does not replace a medical consultation with a doctor .
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or comments. Your feedback welcome!