Why people choose medical tourism options?
Why medical tourism options? Most medical tourists are either uninsured or under insured or seeking for elective surgeries or have long wait lists in their country and they choose medical tourism to resolve their health problems.
What they can obtain traveling abroad for different medical treatments are:
- medical tourists can obtain considerable savings;
- health care in excellent hospitals and clinics quality – many of the international providers being accredited by JCI, JCAAO, ISO or by local accreditation organizations because they have world-class facilities;
- treatment provided by highly trained surgeons and doctors – many of doctors have been educated or trained at top schools in the US or Western Europe;
- no waiting list – medical travelers can have immediately access to desired medical treatment;
- longer hospital stay – if needed medical tourists can have a longer hospital stay under the supervision of the surgeon who operate them or under the supervision of the physical therapist;
- travel opportunities – medical travelers can have the opportunity to visit beautiful countries and to enjoy history , culture and foreign traditions;
- the recovery period can be done in excellent health spa resorts;
What are the questions to put yourself when buying medical tourism services:
- Is medical tourism able to solve your problem?
Found out if medical tourism is the right choice for you. Do you choose medical tourism because the price for your desired procedure is higher in your country? Do you choose medical tourism because there is no waiting time list for your medical treatment? Do you choose medical tourism because you cannot find out a good doctor in your country for your desired treatment? Do you choose medical tourism because you have heard from friends that is a good alternative? Do you choose medical tourism because of lack of insurance? Do you choose medical tourism because your desired treatment cannot be done in your country ? Do you choose medical tourism because at the same time you want to visit an exotic country? Put yourself these questions and find out if medical tourism can be an answer to your health problems.
- What are your expectations regarding the medical treatment or procedure you are seeking in a specific medical tourism destination?
First, you have to find out everything possible about the medical procedure itself . Is it an elective medical procedure , is it indicated in your case? Are you a good candidate for this medical procedure? There is no other solution to obtain this treatment than choosing medical tourism options? What follow –up care or medical recovery therapy is needed? Do you need this medical procedure to be done urgently or it can wait? When is the right time and where is the right place this medical procedure to be done ?
Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or comments. Your feedback welcome!